Welcome to my Blog

Welcome fellow classmates of ECI 517-Multimedia. Please feel free to leave a post, especially if you have any wonderful pieces of knowledge that you would like to share!





Happy Blogging!



Thursday, April 29, 2010

PSI/Keller Plan

I am really impressed that the "online world" has only been around for about a decade. As I was reading, I kept thinking that I would have loved to take online classes when I was in undergrad in the early 90's. To me lecture style of teaching is boring anyway (no disrespect to anyone, I just like hands on better).

As society continues to become more engaged in the computer age, as well as continuing to stay extremely busy, the life of the online class becomes more appealing. It can be taken anywhere.

The Keller Plan/PSI seems to be a better plan than conventional lecture style of teaching. It allows the student to move at his/her own pace with smaller chunks of material. Once they take a test and master the current information, then they can move on to the next piece of information. It is great that students get to have more of hands on experience versus the lecture style of teaching. It allows them to feel more in control of what they learn and how they learn it, which will allow them to actually learn more. The positive reinforcement that is used is an added plus for the student to want to learn more.

Since we now have access to about anything via the web, it makes it easier for plans, such as Keller’s, to be used in the online environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment