Welcome to my Blog

Welcome fellow classmates of ECI 517-Multimedia. Please feel free to leave a post, especially if you have any wonderful pieces of knowledge that you would like to share!





Happy Blogging!



Thursday, January 28, 2010

Keller Plan

Hey everyone!  Sorry it has taken me so long to respond in my blog.  I am totally new to blogging so it will take so getting use to!

I am playing catch up and just finished the Keller Plan article last night.  I am really impressed that the "online world" has only been around for about a decade.  As I was reading last night, I kept thinking that I would have loved to take online classes when I was in undergrad in the early 90's.  To me lecture style of teaching is boring anyway (no disrespect to anyone, I just like hands on better).

As society continues to become more engaged in the computer age, as well as continuing to stay extremely busy, the life of the online class becomes more appealing.  Especially when you can take a class from home, or like me at work.

Will blog more later.

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be great if the online classes offered what is taught? Those who are new to blogging could click on a tutorial about blogging that gave step by step instructions explained in terms a newbie would understand. I get frustrated by the leaders in ed tech who forget that not everyone knows what they know. Sometimes too I feel like the syllabus is created and posted in draft mode and never edited or clarified. A student should not have to read an assignment 12 times and spend days thinking about it to figure out what to do. (I'm on a roll.) Hopefully this aspect of online instruction will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately most blog services do have help sections and tutorials on how to set up an account and post text. With the rapid pace of change in I.T. and literally thousands of new online tools released every month, it helps that teachers don't have to recreate tutorials that exist elsewhere. Time better spent reflecting on how we can leverage the new tools to support a particular learning model in our classes. Speaking of which, what tools would you all suggest to support the Keller Plan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually figured out, for some reason, that the comment section will not work if I am using Internet Explorer. When I switched to Mozilla, it worked great. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete